Saturday, September 17, 2011

Coming into my own

Very first blog so please bear with me folks!! I guess a little about me is appropriate. I'm currently serving as a Military Police officer with the Army over in Korea, 18 more months and then I'm a free woman again, when I plan on attending Univ of Iowa and finishing off my journalism/kinesiology degrees :) As my mom calls me, I'm a bit of a "redneck hippie", having grown up in NorCal it happens haha. My older sister is the one who introduced the study of the goddess to me while I was home on leave. I have always had faith, but certain things just never jived right with Christianity, especially my belief that all religions were of the same thing...apparently that's heresy nowadays. So I asked my sis to tell me about her faith....three hours later I was in love. The last couple months since I discovered paganism have been both reviving and trying in their own entities. I've learned immediately to keep my faith to myself, as judgement is far too swift and the effort to convert me is ridiculous! I'm hoping I wasn't near that obnoxious when I was a Christian! Holy good madness!! As I said, this process has been so reviving for me. I feel like a part of my soul has been found! Nothing better than reading up on something and getting that "oh hey!" click in the brain! A little more than frustrated that I can't meditate or cast since I arrived in Korea. I don't feel comfortable at all doing it in my room where people haven't heard of the term KNOCKING (our doors dont lock) and outside where everyone walks past and has their own comment or two to contribute. So, maybe some of you have a suggestion or two of ways around this?! Would really appreciate it right about now!! So I guess this is just me saying hey y'all and getting integrated into this wonderful wonderful world :))

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the new blog and hope your journey goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of Blogging, little sister!! I am blessed to be a part of your path and thrilled to see how far you have come and how you've grown on your path. Can't wait to see how your blog takes shape!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete